In last month’s email newsletter our culinary team shared four of their current wine choices along with a recipe for cornmeal crackers, a diverse base for all of your favorite toppings.
These decadent crackers also served as the base for smoked duck breast and Ayer’s Creek preserves as part of Chef’s Flight in our Tasting Room. We are such a fan of these golden rounds that we wanted to share the recipe with you.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal (white or yellow)
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbl sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
2oz butter, melted and cooled
1. Set oven to 375°
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the buttermilk and butter.
4. Add the wet to dry and gently mix with a spoon or spatula until wet dough forms.
5. Wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to overnight.
6. Roll to 1/8 of an inch on a floured surface and cut with favorite cookie cutter or squares.
7. Bake on a nonstick baking sheet for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown, remember that the crackers will continue to cook for a few minutes afterward. Allow to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
As we expand our culinary program we are excited to offer experiences like last month’s Chef’s Flight and our ongoing Farm & Forage experience. To learn more about Farm & Forage and to book your seat, click here.