Alex Sokol Blosser’s Vineyard Report for September 15, 2016:
- We are finishing picking pinot noir, the first fermentations are done and we started pressing last weekend. We began barreling the first of our pinot noir on September 13th from the grapes we brought in on August 21st. Primary fermentation should be complete by the end of September.
- Our white wines are hanging out on lees at the moment and we are filtering our rosé to get it ready to be bottled in November.
- The acid levels are still looking great! With this nice weather we were able to get the grapes as ripe as we wanted them and the fruit is very clean.
- We have a brand new concrete egg for this harvest that we are excited to experiment with. Its too early to tell how it will shape the wine but Fir Island Pinot Gris is currently going through its secondary fermentation in the egg.
- We anticipate harvest being wrapped-up possibly as soon as this Sunday, September 18th or early next week.
Check back soon for more Harvest Updates!