We are officially a month in to Harvest 2017 and a busy month it has been!
Vineyard Report for October 6, 2017
- Our team kicked off harvest on Tuesday, September 5 with Early Muscat for our Evolution Sparkling. It was a smoky, sooty, hot day to kick off the season.
- After two of the earliest harvests in Sokol Blosser history (2015 and 2016) we are somewhat back to normal this year.
- Our team sent a salute to the official start of Harvest 2017 with a yearly ritual: sabering a bottle of sparkling rosé.
- A week into harvest we started picking Concert Middle Pinot Noir for our new Evolution Sparkling Rosé program.
- We wrapped up picking for our 2017 Estate Rosé of Pinot Noir just before the rain started in mid-September. The grapes are looking good!
- After six days off due to rain we were ready to start up again by bringing in the first of the pinot noir for our Single Block program.
- Harvest 2017 is shaping up to be our largest harvest ever! Stay tuned for more information on that subject.